Shrine of the Sacred Heart.
Maryvale House is a spiritual as well as an educational centre. A connection with the Sacred Heart of Jesus began with Bishop Milner who became Vicar Apostolic of the Midland District in 1803. He had a deep devotion to the Sacred Heart and when he enlarged the main Chapel he built above the sacristy a small chapel which became the first public Shrine of the Sacred Heart in the British Isles. In 1814 Bishop Milner brought from Rome a small panel of painted glass showing the Sacred Heart as described by Saint Gertrude; he set it up in the Shrine and promoted devotion to the Sacred Heart.